Wednesday 12 June 2013

Roll on commuters!

I counted 48 cyclists on my way to the station this morning.  That's more than last time I counted - a few weeks ago it was 30.  Roll on commuters!

My latest article on totalwomenscycling is about what 10-year old children learn at their Bikeability course, and how parents can support them to continue cycling so that they become cycling commuters of the future.  


As we're heading for Bike Week next week, we're planning lots of things in Liverpool
- free breakfast voucher for cyclists using the newly-installed bike parking in Kirkdale. 
- a ride along the Liverpool - Leeds canal - all welcome
- a Councillors' bike ride to show some of the highway improvement work for cyclists as well as what is planned for cycle routes in Everton and Kirkdale. 

This is in addition to our weekly women's ride on a Thursday and local ride on a Friday.

 Eventually we'll have crowds of people saying: Get out, get seen, get on a bike!

RIDING FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED

Just in case anyone thinks I'm a brave cyclist, here's what made me divert off the canal path TWO DAYS RUNNING just yards from the BikeRight! office in Liverpool. "Never mess with a mother" was my predominant thought as I was being royally hissed at.  I strongly suspect the united front actually was mother and father.  Double reason to respect their space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment